Enjoy our handselected music sets. We think you'll agree, they beat those lifeless computer generated playlists anyday. Plus, we have these specialty shows and daily features:
Wave Of The Day 11:59a: This week, songs from bands that probably weren't even one hit wonders, but catchy tunes nonetheless (Blanket Of Secrecy, Spongetones, The Monroes, and others.)
Weekend specialty show replay at noon - The Independent Get Down: Rocque Ranaldi cooked up something he called Hyperbolicsyllabicsesquedalymistic during last weeks brand new I G D - hear what that is about on the replay today.
Five O'clock Frank: The skinny kid from Jersey sings.
- After a one off show several years ago, Justin Vernon (Bon Iver) teams up with some old bandmates and records as The Shouting Matches - riyl Black Keys, low-fi, good fun.
- Pokey LaFarge opened for Jack White last year, and now (surprise surprise) has a new disc coming out on Jack's Third Man and we already have the old-timey single "Central Time".
- Sub Pop continues to be a solid label, when most are failing, and deliver a new disc from Still Corners that we found 2 tracks we put right on.
- Deep tracks from Atoms For Peace (including a quiet piano only interpretation of "Ingenue" from Thom.)
- The new month dumped a bunch of snow here in our Fort Collins base along with some new artists including Pyramids (being compared to the xx, although I don't hear it), Daughter (a haunting cover of the new Daft Punk tune "Get Lucky"), and Last Good Tooth.
- Where to start with the Flaming Lips The Terror ? We find "You Lust" and "Look, The Sun Is Rising" as good jumping off points, with more to come.
We are a proud etown affiliate and present the show in a special commercial free format at 10am MT every Sunday with a rebroadcast Wednesdays at noon MT. For taping info - hit etown.org for more information.
Do you like what you hear on IndieSF.com? Help us out by spreading the word. Let friends, family, and complete strangers know about IndieSF.com through Facebook, Twitter, or just about any other web site or blog. Here's how.
Hey Indie Nation! We're switching to a new stream provider this weekend which means our stream address will change. You'll need to update your bookmarks in your preferred music player, iTunes, WinAmp, etc. We're excited about a few new listening options.
If you're a PC and Windows was your idea, try out the new Windows Media Player compatible link under the NOW ON AIR box in the upper-right of the page. We've also added a RealPlayer link.