We have moved all our specialy programming to the weekend, opening weekdays for more handselected music sets that include elements like "Remake/Remodel", My 3 Songs, "Double Image", and full on Indie Artist Sets (complete blocks of songs from Indie artists).
Weekends look like this:
Noon: The best the year had to offer, in review, on The Weekly Feed.
1p: The Rockabilly N Blues radio hour with Rockin' James Riley
8-10a: Sunday Morning Americana, turning up the quiet for your Sunday morning sunrise
10a: etown, with Katie Herzog as the guest this week
11a: The Menace Block, hosted by Dennis The Menace, with The Menace's Attic in the first hour, 6 decades of rock and roll by theme.
Noon: Just Another Menace Sunday, featuring an artist interview in the first hour, then all new melodic rock and roll in the second
6p: Something Different with DJ Santo delivering the best in chill, nujazz, and global grooves (4 hours, with a new show first, followed by an encore show).
- We finally made peace with the new Kooks sound and are digging "Forgive and Forget" along with "It Was London" (sounds good with some old Jam as a chaser).
- The storied Brit label 4ad continues to send some god stuff our way - listen for a new Ariel Pink single (back to being a solo act) and Merchandise (one of the head instigators faves for the year).
- The Canadian band SLOAN has served up a nice concept disc with Commonwealth (each band member getting a side) and we are dropping the needle all over it.
- Boy & Bear hit us with another good single in "Three Headed Woman".
- Radiohead drummer Phil Selway gives us yet another preview of his next solo disc with "It'll End In Tears" (can't wait to hear the rest).
- New sounds from Indie bands and artists like Sneakout, Lia Ices, George Ezra, and The Holy Coast
The UK Guardian newspaper (yes, THAT Guardian) picked INDIE to represent their reporters recent trek thru Santa Fe, New Mexico, asking us to put together a tight, concise playlist to travel by, and this is what happened next:
We are a proud etown affiliate and present the show in a special commercial free format at 10am MT every Sunday with a rebroadcast Wednesdays at noon MT. For taping info - hit etown.org for more information.
Do you like what you hear on IndieSF.com? Help us out by spreading the word. Let friends, family, and complete strangers know about IndieSF.com through Facebook, Twitter, or just about any other web site or blog. Here's how.